Re: Early instructions for cloth case binding?

>>I have a wonderful reference on early publisher's binding that is even online in full text.

Thanks Mindy - what a great resource. I particularly liked the description of the bindery...

"Every visitor who sees these girls at their work is struck with the extreme rapidity and dexterity of their movements, and with the healthy, and happy, and highly attractive appearance which they themselves and the scene of their labors exhibit. Indeed, so far as my observation goes, one of the chief subjects of remark with strangers, after coming away from a visit to the whole establishment, is the intelligent and manly bearing of the men who are employed in it, and the attractive appearance and lady-like manners of the girls."

ahhh, the good old days.

all the best,
Roberta

Roberta Lavadour - Pendleton, OR