Re: weavers knot-

I haven't read all of the postings on this subject, but I gather that the arcane secrets of knots have not yet opened themselves up. When I was taught to make the weaver's knot many years ago, I saw immediately that it starts with a slip knot; the little noose or loop is placed around the end of the thread you want to extend, and the slip knot is pulled gently but firmly -- as the loop closes around the thread end, a little extra tug pops the loop through to lock the knot around the end of the thread, and it holds tight. The key is the little pop to lock the old thread to the new -- I hope this is clear. Probably isn't, but perhaps with any of several diagrams available it will make more sense...

-- Donald