a little OT: seeking a quote about making art

Hi all -
This isn't specifically related to book arts, but I am hoping "someone" in the greater community will be able to help me.  I am looking for a quote I read a few years ago about making art, but I can't remember the wording, nor who it was by, though it was by someone well known.

The gist of it, however, was that the things we create are those things we can't NOT create...or something like that...we create what and when our inspirations pressure us to.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for any help.