Question about saving straw board covers

I have foolishly pushed ahead with a project, covering cheap straw board with good buckram and lovely Japanese endpapers only to have the boards warp slightly.
I did pay attention to the grain, but there is warpage nevertheless. Is there any way to salvage these boards, or shall I resign myself to a lesson learnt?
Yours hopefully,
Amanda

blog: amandawatson-will.blogspot.com
photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandaw-w/