Re: Weavers knot

Boy did I scramble that up!
I meant to write. This is not the knot my grandmother taught me.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

Dave Allen wrote:
David,
I gotta say that that is not the know my weaver grandmother taught me as a kid and what I continue to use. It looks like it would work but it seems complicated. I was taught to simply use the end which is not fastened down to tie a slip know around the fastened down end pull until it pops and then tie a reef know with the two ends.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

David Amstell wrote:
As requested, herewith a link to the Weaver's Knot, as showing in Basic
Bookbinding, by A.W. Lewis.  Published by Batsford, 1952, and thence by
Dover.

http://tinyurl.com/anjs2x

David