Re: PraGnant final word

Hi John,
Does this mean that the basic machine is only $877.00? That's about 1/4 what they used to charge for it.
It is also interesting that 100% OF THE PURCHASE PRICE IS ONLY $3635 while in the line above it states the price as $3860? What's with that?
Don't mean to rag on you you about this but it seems to me a true price from them as pre what they quoted me a few years ago would be to add the options figures to the $3860 for a total of $6843.
If not that's a deal you should definitely jump at.
Dave

840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
(250)888-9380    http://www.Bookbinder.ca

R John Miller wrote:
To all on the Book Arts List who were interested in the PraGnant:

I got the following Purchase "Agreement" from GP2 Technologies of Bow, NH,
and when you add the numbers, even the freight not listed FOB Bow, NH to
Purchaser, the HHS30 PraGnant is still a better deal and a seemingly much
better hot impress machine to the KwikPrint.

I am not belittling Kwikprint but all the recent talk about the PraGnant got
me wondering on my own and I knew that it had to have an American
Distributor, contrary to someone's downplaying the freight and customs and
taxes aspect.

I think I may go with PraGnant, that is when I can afford it.

Regards,

John (the Bookbinder)

PURCHASE AGREEMENT
PRAGNANT HHS 30

Date: March 16, 2009

This document signifies an agreement between the buyer, John the Bookbinder
and the seller, GP2Technologies, Inc. (GP2) regarding the purchase of one
model HHS 30 Pragnant blocking press imported from H.-H. Schmedt e.K.  The
Pragnant is a blocking foil press used to apply the title to a book in
one-of and very short run applications.  The following specifications,
performance criteria, pricing and definitions will serve as the basis for
the agreement.

1. MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS

. Approximate space required: 60cm x 60cm
. Weight: 60 kgs
. Stamping table: 430mm x 500mm
. Stamping pressure: approximately 400kp . Equipped for 230 volt power supply

2. OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT - NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE

. 90mm typeholder with quick-acting clamping device (additional $606)
. 200mm typeholder with quick-acting clamping device (additional $802)
. Blockholder for blocking several lines and small blocks (additional $683)
. Centraliser to locate spine for spine titles (additional $302)
. Transformer for operation at 110 volts (additional $256)
. Thermostat (additional $242)
. Strong magnets - both size ranges (additional $92)

3. PRICING, TERMS OF PAYMENT, AND DELIVERY SCHEDULE

. total purchase price for machine with selected options including freight
from Germany, crating, and all fees and duties: $3,860 . terms: 100% ($3,635) due prior to shipment from New Hampshire . shipment from Bow, NH will take place within 8 to 10 weeks from date of
order confirmation
. total price does not include cost for shipping from New Hampshire see
section #4
. pricing does not include any state or local taxes - the buyer is
responsible for the payment of these taxes.

4. SHIPPING

. delivery is F.O.B. Bow, NH
. GP2 will perform necessary preparation for shipment and will provide
quotation for freight
. GP2 requires full insurance if customer arranges shipping
. Freight costs will be added to final 10% payment if GP2 arranges and pays
for shipping - freight will be $90 from GP2

5. WARRANTY

. all parts will be covered for 12 months from the date of delivery
. any parts that are modified by buyer will no longer be eligible for
warranty
. GP2 disclaims any other implied or express warranties

The pricing and delivery quoted in this contract are valid for 30 days. This contract has been fully reviewed and is mutually agreed upon by both parties.

authorized signature authorized
signature
GP2 Technologies, Inc.
John the Bookbinder 29 River Rd., Unit 18
3016-A Fallstaff Manor Ct. Bow, N.H. 03304
Baltimore, MD 21209 date____________________