Re: book press rust

Annabel,

You may like to look at my response to a query on the restoration of a
Hickock press which I sent on the 16 February 2009 -  it will be in the
archives if you did not catch it.   I think you will find it answers your
queries?

I am not familiar with Rust-oleum although it is available in the UK
http://www.rustoleumdirect.co.uk/
I would think that the primer 769 Damp-proof rust primer would be suitable.
I have used a phosphoric acid gel "Jenolite"
http://www.jenolite.com/shopping_cart_jenolite_hobby.htm
prior to the primer coat I -   am sure there must be something similar in the
US.

Regards

Rodney Fry
Crowthorne
England
Mem. Soc. of Bookbinders

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent with PegasusMail 4.41, BT Broadband System
W98 4.10.2222A 2nd Edn on ABIT KR7A-RAID,
AVG Free 7.5.552,  Mozilla Firefox browser ver 2.0.0.20
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx