Re: Book arts in southeastern Ohio

Here are places to visit if you travel around greater Ohio:

In Columbus:

Phoenix Rising Printmakers' Cooperative-- www.phoenixrisingprintmaking.com/ We just celebrated our 10th anniversary as the only non-university based printmaking studio in Columbus. We have press-time (etching presses and a Vandercook) for rent, workshops, two levels of membership (Core Member partnership and Associate Membership for which you receive discounted press time and invitations to participate in select exhibitions). In the past year we've had large-scale at Studios on High, Ohio Dominican University, High Road Gallery and the Riffe Building. Various members specialize in intaglio & relief printing, paper sculpture, and books.

Paper and book arts workshops and supplies available at www.europeanpapers.com/

Wild Goose Collective www.wildgoosecreative.com

DO NOT MISS! Logan Elm Press at The Ohio State University. library.osu.edu/sites/preservation/lep/
OSU also has upwards of 70 Special Collections Libraries that include Rare Books, Artist's Books, The Cartoon Art Library (formerly in SF) and an excellent printmaking Department.

People at the Ohio Arts Council are wonderfully accessible and happy to talk with new artists arriving all over Ohio. If you'd names, I'll happily provide them. Contact me off-list.

Cleveland--Zygote Press www.zygotepress.com/

Cincinnati--Tiger Lily Press www.tigerlilypress.org

Cincinnati Book Arts Society http://www.cincinnatibookarts.org/ links.html

Dayton--Dayton Print Co-Op www.daytonprintmakers.com/

Athens, OH--: Ohio University with a great printmaking department.

I'm not sure if you're new to the state. If that's the case, Welcome! I relocated here ten years ago with great trepidation after 15 years in San Francisco, and couldn't be happier with the artists' community.

RM