Re: Book Cloth Recommendation Sought

Cialux is pretty non-forgiving, should a drop of water or glue land on it. The Japanese cloths are very similar, come in a multitude of c
On Mar 25, 2009, at 12:24 PM, R John Miller wrote:

How would Cialux do?
Or Kennet?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jane
Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:29 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Book Cloth Recommendation Sought

Good morning,

I will be purchasing fairly soon a substantial quantity of book cloth on
grant funding for a project to last several years. I am making very
large clamshell boxes for scrapbooks and will be doing a bit of repair
of general collection materials. I am seeking two types of cloth:

All-purpose cloth for general collection books and boxes with the
following characteristics:

1. Forgiveness. We are not skilled binders or anywhere near.

2. Durability and longevity

3. Flexibility

4.  Smooth surface for ease in cleaning/dusting books and boxes as our
storage areas can get very dusty

Paper backed linen-type cloth

If you are in a library or archive that has purchased satisfactory book
cloth recently, I would like to hear from you as to manufacturer and
vendor.

Thanks in advance.

Jane Thompson

Arkansas History Commission