Re: Beeswax Alternatives

Some linen thread that is available has already been waxed by the manufacturer. That same thread may have been treated with other things, i.e. soap and silicone. Also, some of the thread that is available may have been bleached, but sold, unknowingly, as "unbleached" (a traditional term).
Do you need to wax the thread? An unwaxed thread will possibly flatten and mould or conform better inside the signature.

If a wax is needed, how about Paraffin wax?
Bill Minter