Re: Beeswax Alternatives

If a wax is needed, how about Paraffin wax?

Paraffin is also petroleum-derived.

I've been playing with various combinations of waxes v. no wax since I started spinning my own linen thread.

While "no wax" would be my preference from a KISS standpoint, my experimentation has led me to believe that beeswax is superior to the alternatives I've tried (microcrystalline, paraffin, and carnauba), as it seems to have an excellent combination of grip (for knots) and slide (through paper), as well as being cost-effective.

(And it does smell nice....)

Carnauba is plant-based, however, if you want to give it a shot.

Cheers
Linda