From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carol
Pratt
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 12:30 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Beeswax Alternatives

Paraffin is a petrol product.  However, waxing is really not
required, but is a convenience only.  I haven't waxed in years,
because I watch the twist of the linen and keep it in a relaxed
form.  As the thread is drawn through each hole, I give the needle a
half twist between my fingertips (in a clockwise direction).  As long
as I remember to do this, knots are not a big problem.

Carol
Eugene, OR

--------