Mechanics of Pop-up books discussion list?

Can anyone recommend a discussion list for makers of pop-up books?

I'm trying to make pop-ups from the David Carter/James Diaz Elements of Pop-up book & am tired of cursing the darkness when I try to do a sliding, spinning oval, otherwise known as 'p842' on his website.

A thread is wrapped around a plastic rivet & the oval not only slides with the pull-tab but is supposed to spin.

Mine won't spin. A list where I could post problems like this would be helpful.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Rosalie G.