[BKARTS] Gluing cross grain

Hello list,

talking of thermoplastic - is it possible to use this technique to adhere
paper against the grain to boards, or will this also result in warping etc.?

I have this printed paper that I want to use for a book cover. However, the
grain is running cross to the picture. If the thermoplastic way is not
recommended, are there any other methods apart from double-sided adhesive
film (like gudy)?

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Astrid