[BKARTS] good leather substitue for calf, and call for Kangaroo

Kangaroo leather is about my favorite medium for binding, particularly the brilliant colors formerly obtainable from Hollanders. Unfortunately, Hollanders no longer carries Kangaroo leather. Can anyone give me the name of a US supplier who sells the brilliantly dyed leathers?
I'm not interested in working with Australian companies.

John Coughlin wrote:

I want to bind a book with a leather which resembles dark calf, but I don't want to use calf. Is there some good substitute for calf? I was thinking maybe kangaroo???

I was working on a project that used calf and later substituted with kangaroo. I was pleased with how it came out and did not have to do as much paring. Over all it looked pretty close to the books I had done with calf.

Regards,

-John Coughlin

This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained herein is strictly unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Thank you.