[BKARTS] Request for Business Models in Creative Industries

*Apologies for cross listings*

Dear fellow Listserv Members,

I am currently working on a research project that looks at the different
types of business models in creative fields, specifically the book arts.

I am interested in including first hand information from book artists
or book arts related professionals about their approach to the business of
book arts.

In the presentation of my research, this information can be kept anonymous
if desired.  However, for the validity of my research, I will need name and
contact information (e-mail address and city/country are sufficient).

Some possible questions for consideration are:

Do you consider book arts your primary occupation?

On average, how many hours per week do you spend working in the field of
book arts?
(producing work, promoting work, tending to paperwork i.e placing orders,
fulfilling orders, managing expenses/taxes etc.)

How do you market your work?

Is your work supported primarily by private patrons or institutions?

Do you consider yourself creative-minded, business-minded or both? What does
this mean for your work and for your business?

Do you follow a specific business model or ideology, if so, can you share
your approach?

Are there aspects of the business of book arts that you did not anticipate
in the beginning?

Other information that you would like to share?

Because the book arts is such a diverse field, the more specific your
answers are, the more useful they will be.  I am interested in hearing from
individuals who make or supplement their living producing book works as well
as librarians, gallery owners, teachers or others working in related book
arts fields.

The outcome of this research will be made available to participants
(again, names will be kept anonymous if desired).

All responses will be greatly appreciated.

All Best,
Amy LeePard

--
Painted Bunting Books