Re: [BKARTS] Coptic binding thread and text paper

You can easily make a small tool to remove excess wax from cord, if you don't care to use your fingernails.

Take a small, thin flat piece of wood, like a popsicle stick and cut one end flat and square, give the edge a slight bevel and cut a small 'V' notch in the beveled end, slightly smaller than the cord thickness.

Laying the cord down on a table or your leg, you then pull the cord through the notch several times to remove excess wax.

Cheers