[BKARTS] Nonmetal ring binder mechanisms / small-quantity supplier?

Hello all,

I have several ring binder projects coming up, and my clients are asking about alternatives to the shiny silver ring binder mechanisms that are commonly available. I know about the matte black mechanisms Talas carries, (which I wish came in different heights, because they're too long for one job and too short for another), and I also know about Carter Spray, but I wonder whether anyone knows of a vendor who produces ringer binder mechanisms from non-metal materials (I'm dreaming of something in wood or bone, but that's a very long shot, I know).  Also, does anyone know of a small-quantity supplier with more alternatives than what Talas offers?  I'm having the hardest time finding one online.

Thanks much,
Cara Schlesinger