[BKARTS] A Queer An alysis of Artists' B ooks‏

My name is Michael Carosone, and I am a student in the master's degree program in library and information science at the Palmer School of Library and Information Science of Long Island University (LIU).  I am taking all of my classes at LIU's Manhattan site, which is New York University's (NYU) Bobst Library.  

I am taking a class, "Artists' Books"; the professor is Dr. Constance Woo.  For the class, I am writing a research paper on the relationship between artists' books, queer book artists, queer book arts, queer theory, queer studies, and the queer community (queer = Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender; GLBTQ).   

Where can I find literature on my topic, in order to support my ideas and theory?  Are there any essays, articles, books out there?  I have done some research, but have not been successful.  I want to write on how, both, artists' books, as an art form, is marginalized, and how the queer community is marginalized, which may be a reason as to why queer artists make artists' books.  I want to do a queer reading and analysis of artists' books.  I want to apply queer theory to artists' books.  And I want to discover what happens when artists' books and queer theory and the queer community come together: the intersection.  I am also interested in knowing if there is anything "queer" about artists' books.  Maybe even start a queer discourse on artists' books.  

Can you help me with any advice, suggestions, information, etc?  I appreciate your help.  I would also like to include your thoughts in my paper, giving you credit, of course.  Can you answer some questions (below)?  I appreciate your time.

1. Is there a relationship between artists' books and the queer community?  Whether yes or no, please, explain.
2. Is there a queer sensibility to artists' books?  Explain.
3. Is there a queer history in artists' books?  Explain.
4. Can you think of any other questions that I should ask?

Thank you,
Michael Carosone 

_________________________________________________________________
Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. 
http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx?ocid=B037MSN55C0701A

***********************************************

Please note that attachments to listserv messages are not permitted,
            and are automatically removed by the listserver.

For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
         See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.

[CoOL]

Search BookArts Archives

This page last changed: May 19, 2009