From: Cynthia Miller <cynthia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 13:58:52 -0400
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] A Queer An alysis of  Artists' Books  ?

I would like to HOPE you are alone in finding this offensive.
Precisely what sort of "preconceived notion" are you referring to?
What do you find so objectionable?  I for one (as a queer person) was
about to respond to Mr. Carosone and commend him for taking on a
research project such as this -- I'm very excited by the notion of the
artist book as a vehicle for personal exploration with respect to
LGBTQ identity, as well as the notion of marginalization, however
realized.  I plan to think on this a bit more, but as a newbie book
artist I'm more interested in others' thoughts.

Thanks for your thought-provoking post, Michael!  Look forward to
seeing what comes out of this.

Best,
Cynthia