Re: [BKARTS] A Queer An alysis of Artists' B ooks ‏

No kidding; it's the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender community, in which I
include myself as a member, that has *reappropriated* the term to *proudly*
describe ourselves and our spectrum of orientation and activity. It's not
about political correctness. It's not something the political right is
responsible for, but, rather, the political left. I had no idea that so many
people were unaware of the term's cultural currency.

Start here, perhaps? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queer_theory