Re: [BKARTS] Print on Demand Machine

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, David Friedman wrote:

> I have a client who writes, and we anticipate that her book (a revision of a
> previous book) will sell 5-10,000 books.  Right now we don't have the funds
> to put together that major of a run.
>
> So I'm looking for alternatives where we could print some to fulfill some
> current demand, get the funds together and do a more major run (which I
> believe will probably be less expensive than the on-demand printing).

I currently use Antony Rowe in the UK; and am very happy with the results.
(But then I'm also a graphic artist, book-designer and typesetter; so PoD
services are a very cheap way for me to get a book out in small[-ish]
numbers, then build up.)

see : http://www.antonyrowe.co.uk/

Disclaimer : I have no commercial interest in this company, other than
that I use them to print my books.

Tip: Design your book to the defaults as used by your printer -- it
saves hassle and money.
Don't try and use PoD for expensive 'art' productions.
--
Martin Wheeler - G5FM   +44 1458 83-1103 - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
mwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://martinwheeler.net/   http://avalonit.net/