From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Friedman
Sent: Thursday, 9 April 2009 6:33 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Print on Demand Machine

A while back I remember a discussion on a machine that basically is used for
print of demand books.  It'll print what's needed at any given run.

The issue that I am trying to address:

I have a client who writes, and we anticipate that her book (a revision of a
previous book) will sell 5-10,000 books.  Right now we don't have the funds
to put together that major of a run.

So I'm looking for alternatives where we could print some to fulfill some
current demand, get the funds together and do a more major run (which I
believe will probably be less expensive than the on-demand printing).

Would welcome your thoughts and advice.

David

--
BIBLIOTIQUE - Online sales of Books, collectibles, art, and items of value.

Visit our website at:  www.bibliotique.net
Visit our shop in New Paltz, NY
BARNER BOOKS