Re: [BKARTS] A Queer An alysis of Artists' B ooksþ

Scott McCarney? <http://artistbooks.ning.com/profile/scottmccarney> or <http://www.scottmccarneyvisualbooks.com/>. Click on the Rochester, NY for the email...

p.

At 07:37 PM 4/8/2009, you wrote:
3. Last year, or maybe it was the year before, in middle of an artists'
books conference in Chicago where there were splendiferous artists' books
all over the place, I encountered a brilliant, moving elegy on hate crimes
against glbt persons that actually stopped me in my tracks.  One had to
discover this content of course, because there was no way to figure this out
until one was well into the book.  And this might have been the only such
themed-work on the artists' table.  I suspect that he probably felt called
to doing this particular piece. I believe the artist is from Rochester, NY
and is connected to the books arts program there. Do I remember his name?
Nope.

Peter D. Verheyen
Bookbinder & Conservator, PA - AIC
<verheyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>