Re: [BKARTS] Fwd: Book Artist Residency Offer in Ireland {NOT TO BE MISSED}

Hello everyone,

I want to put in a plug for the residency at Clo.  I've gone twice and had
truly a remarkable experience.  The staff, students and facility are
wonderful.  This year, the course will be taught in a brand new facility a
few miles from the village of Gort a Hork. The challenge with this
experience is that it isn't easy to get many book arts supplies so
bringing items beyond the basics is imperative.  That can be costly if you
are dealing with charges on luggage (not so much from the US to Dublin but
from Dublin to Donegal).  If anyone is considering this (please do! I
would be there in a heartbeat if I wasn't committed already) please feel
free to contact me directly.

Marvel Maring
Fine Art and Humanities Reference Librarian
Dr. C.C. and Mabel L. Criss Library
The University of Nebraska at Omaha
6001 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68182-0237
PH: (402) 554-2992
FX:  (402) 554-3215

[BKARTS] Fwd: Book Artist Residency Offer in Ireland {NOT TO BE MISSED}
Sent by:
Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Cló Ceardlann <cloceardlann@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: April 9, 2009 9:37:37 AM EDT
> To: <shireen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: FW:  Book Artist Residency Offer in Ireland {NOT TO BE
> MISSED}
>

> Good Afternoon,
>
> Can you please send this info to anyone you think may be interested
> in applying.
>
> Kind regards
> Marjorie
>

> Book Artist Residency at Cló
>
> Where: Donegal, Ireland
> Deadline: Wednesday 29th April 2009
>

> Cló is offering a 3 week residency for an experienced book artist
> during July / August 2009 in exchange for teaching a 5 day course at
> Cló’s workshop.  The successful applicant will be paid a fee of
> €700, and will be accommodated at Cló’s artist in residence house
> with full access to the workshop facility for the duration of their
> residency.
>
> Cló is located in the heart of the Gaeltacht (Gaelic language
> speaking region) and is nestled in a picturesque location at the
> foot of mount Errigal (Donegal’s highest mountain).
>
> For further information and application form please contact:
> Marjorie Doohan at; cloceardlann@xxxxxxxxxx or +353 (0)7491-62800.
www.clo.ie

Shireen Holman, Printmaker and Book Artist
email: shireen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shireenholman.com