Re: [BKARTS] protecting books in the tropics

Hi Clark:

What a challenge!

I think that fact that you live in such a damp area, it will be very difficult to keep moisture (RH) away from the library. First, I have to ask a some questions?

How many windows in the building? This would make the assumption that the whole building is the library.
If the building is not the whole library, where is the location of the library?
How large is the library size wise and how many books?
Is there a possibility of adding dehumdifiers? And if so, is there an area to dispose of the water?
It seems that you have to create a safe bio-environment in this facility that keeps moisture or the external environment at bay?

Anastasia Weigle
In A Bind Studio
inabindstudio.com