Re: [BKARTS] Bravo, Peter! A rookie's view of a senseless "debate"

Thanks Peter and Peter,
I think this sounds like a rich and interesting subject, and wish Michael
good luck with his project.

 My impression from following the discussion is that there were a couple of
ways Michael's initial post may have inadvertently caused some
misunderstandings (not his fault -- email is such an imperfect medium). One
was that he didn't mention that he was gay, so I can see how some people
might have been concerned that he was using the word "queer" in a pejorative
sense.

 I also did get the impression from his first post that he was not an
experienced researcher -- an impression he corrected in his second post.
Hopefully, some of the suggestions offered by listserv members will be
helpful to his research, and we can eventually move on to the serious
question
 of "how perfect binding came to be perfect." :)

Barbara

--
Barbara Simler
Moon Bindery