Re: [BKARTS] protecting books in the tropics

Following are some references to conservation and preservation in the
tropics.

Alan Shalette

======

Tropics, Books in the, 8, 28, 30-1, 80-1, (Ref) 39, (Ref) 42, (Ref) 66
Lydenberg, Harry Miller, and John Archer
"The Care and Repair of Books."
New York: R.R. Bowker Company (1960)"

Tropical rain-belt sites, 191
Reed, R.
"Ancient Skins, Parchments and Leathers"
New York: Seminar Press Ltd. (1972)"

Book repair in the tropics, 197
Restoration in the tropics, 196
Restoration of manuscripts in the tropics, 197
Restoration of paper in the tropics, 197
Manuscript repair in the tropics, 197
Paper, repair in the tropics, 197
Materials, care in the tropics, 133
Prints, restoration in the tropics, 197
Tropics, book repair in, 197
Cuhna, George Martin and Dorothy Grant Cunha
"Conservation of Library Materials; a manual and bibliography on the care,
repair and restoration of library materials; second edition; two volumes"
Metuchen NJ: The Scarecrow Press, Inc. (1971)

Cunha & Cunha also cite:
Plumbe, Wilfred
"The Preservation of Books in Tropical and Subtropical Countries"
Kuala Lumpur: Oxford University Press (1964)

And see the bibliography in Section IV of their Volume II: "Preventive Care"

====