[BKARTS] "Revolutionary" book arts

Steven Carter's argument brings to mind something I wrote at the conclusion of my book, Museum, Inc. concerning museum administrators, curators, or book artists for that matter:  "Most thought of themselves as the next Lenin, sniffing the winds at the Finland Station of Culture." I can respect the ambition without necessarily taking it too seriously in its application.

The German art critic Max Raphael described this as "double-entry book-keeping." He didn't have much respect for the ambition, either...

Paul Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language