Re: [BKARTS] What is queer, who are artists, what is marginal?

Michael,

You clearly do not understand the nature of the artist community.  We are
not homophobes as you rudely, inconsiderately, and erroneously conclude
(perhaps I flame a bit, but the absurdity of this whole discussion thread is
both amazing and irritating).

Of course there are happy homophobes among us, as well as happy
heterosexuals, as well as happy homosexuals, and unhappy
all-of-the-above--we are, after all, homosapiens and come in all flavors and
diversions.

What strikes me as extremely odd is the fixation that anything artistic has
to in some way have a bias towards or particular attachment to
homosexuality.  Sounds like a grandly narrow view of the real world to me,
and not a very helpful view.

I personally do not see much value in your line of research--if you can find
any art form, indeed, any social endeavor, that is not in some way
influenced by homo- and hetero-sexiual views, please let me know.  I will be
truly amazed!

Regards,

John MacKrell
---