Re: [BKARTS] what's happened to this group?

Jet - It is being the discussion group it has always been: heterogeneous in
all kinds of ways, pretty conservative in others.  Every question/query
triggers a battery of responses from those who feel most invested or
motivated to respond at that moment. Most people don't bother to respond at
all (Michael, you are clearly pissed off, but no, I can't say that you are
right to claim that most of the group is so and so; how can anybody know
that, really?) After this squall dies down, it will be back to the usual,
until the next squall.  I'm fairly new to the list, and I can honestly say
that even some of the responses to technical questions were pretty
fascinating for how they well they conveyed the absoluteness and rigidity of
some persons' ideas about bookmaking. If I ever thought bookbinders and book
artists were all radical constructionists - which I didn't - I would have
been seriously disabused of that idea by now.  We are who we are, no matter
what we call the curve, fall, throwup, whatever.   And we can and will still
learn a lot about making books on here, even with a heavy-handed dose of
positivism.

Natalie

--

Walk good and good will follow you.