Re: [BKARTS] exhibit entries wish list

Recently there have been comments about the wish for lots of lead time in calls for entries so that artists can respond with new work. People have also expressed appreciation for submissions by e-mail. I join the chorus on both counts and want to add another item to the wish list for ease of submission. I have just spent days submitting to a couple of shows that required a great deal of information with my submission: full resume, short bio, detailed image list, forms about each book submitted, artist statements, etc, etc. I am wishing that the initial submission could be streamlined to images and a brief statement about the work. If work is accepted, then I'll be happy to send on all the additional information. If not, my life is streamlined and I can use all the found time in my studio to do what I love.

Those are all great ideas that would make our lives simpler.

I'd chime in with asking for a graphic standard. Just jpgs -- not a pdf, or a PowerPoint presentation, or tif files -- and, most importantly, of a fixed resolution and size (72 dpi, 9 x 12 inches, for example) with high-res files for printing/promotion to be provided on acceptance.

How many times have most of us had three or four entries to get off where each one has a very specific, and vastly different requirement? I've spent an entire day running Photoshop, and repeatedly checking to make sure that the right collection goes with the right application: one standard would make it so easy to keep a collection and accompanying list ready to go.

Cheers
Linda
--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Linda M. Cunningham      | Artists' Books and Fibre Studio
http://lasquetipress.blogspot.com

***********************************************
Please note that attachments to listserv messages are not permitted,
and are automatically removed by the listserver.
For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.

[CoOL]

Search BookArts Archives

This page last changed: May 19, 2009