Date:    Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:39:17 -0700
From:    edward van Vliet <etechne@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Book Cloth Recommendation Sought

Insatiably I drank, but =

i'd love to see that...got pics anywhere?=0A=0A =0AInsatiably I drank, but =
I was filled already with too much, and as I drank I overflowed. - Rilke=0A=
=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Jet Foncannon <bolu.bo=
lu@xxxxxxxxxxx>=0ATo: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=0ASent: Saturday, April =
18, 2009 4:54:09 PM=0ASubject: Re: [BKARTS] Book Cloth Recommendation Sough=
t=0A=0A   I have done much gilding in copper, bronze, metallic green, red, =
violet (really nice!), and even metallic black.  I have also on occasion us=
ed holographic metallic foils and silver psychedelic foils for special effe=
cts.  (I recently bound a copy of the Psychedelic Reader using a psychedeli=
c silver foil.) I saw once a book published in Australia which was gilded i=
n black, and thought it was very cool.  I have since gilded books that way.=
  Among the foils I like are those made by Malahide, which have a rather hi=
gh application temperature, but they are especially thick, and seldom leave=
 any bald spots when applied.     I recently bound for a customer a Pennsyl=
vania Regimental History in deep logan green leather with an Onyx font lett=
ering and I used a brass metallic foil gilding.  The effect was, if I may s=
ay so, spectacular. The customer thought so too.=0A=0AMelanie von Gunten wr=
ote:=0A=0A> To: everyone on the book arts list=0A> =0A> I work in a Book ma=
nufacturing and publishing company.  I am a part of the team that designs o=
ur fine leatherbound editions books. I'm regularly looking for new and diff=
erent materials to use for our speciality ediiton books.  I right now am in=
 search of different ways to gild the books.  Currently we can do both gold=
 and silver gilding.    I'm looking for anyone who has successfully gilded =
in other colors i.e. copper or bronze or anyother foil color. =0A> Any info=
rmation as to foils or methods to do this would be much appreciated.=0A> =
=0A> Thanks.  (You can write to me on or off the list.  )=0A> =0A> Melanie=
=0A> =0A> Melanie von GuntenBridge Publications, Inc. melanievg@xxxxxxxxxxx=
om=0A> =0A>                            =0A>>            *******************=
****************************                                    Please note=
 that attachments to listserv messages are not permitted,           and are=
 automatically removed by the listserver.                                  =
  For all your subscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archiv=
e.        See <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.           =
                                    ***************************************=
********=0A>>    =0A> =0A>                                                 =
 ***********************************************=0A>                       =
                   NOW ONLINE, Volume 5, No. 2, Spring 2009 of The Bonefold=
er=0A>       <http://www.philobiblon.com/bonefolder/vol5no2contents.htm>=0A=
>                                      Please note that attachments to list=
serv messages are not permitted,=0A>            and are automatically remov=
ed by the listserver.=0A>                                    For all your s=
ubscription questions, go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.=0A>         S=
ee <http://www.philobiblon.com> for full information.=0A>                  =
biblon.com> for full information.=0A                                       =
Internet Explorer=AE 8 - Faster, safer, easier.  Optimized for Yahoo!  Get =
it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/

                                   =20
                                   =20

End of BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Apr 2009 to 18 Apr 2009 (#2009-109)