[BKARTS] Bookcloth life?

I have been working with some book cloth in the past few days that seems to
be past its prime, perhaps long past. I believe it is Cialux, but it has
crinkling that cannot be removed, even by ironing.

I'm not a real bookbinder, don't even play one on TV (that's for you old
folks out there), but as a book artist, I have lots of pieces of cloth that
have been picked up over the years, and am wondering what the shelf life
might be for book cloth, even the supposedly archival cloth. Does it vary by
brand/type? Is there a range one could count one?

Thanks.

Katie Harper

Katie Harper
Design Strategies & Letterpress Solutions
Fort Smith, AR 72903
479-434-6414
http://www.arsbrevispress.com

If you supply the Why, The How takes care of itself.
?Howard Fine