[BKARTS] Bookcloth Life

I made my own bookcloth with homemade wheat glue back in the middle sixties using a piece of balck linen lined with plain brown paper.  It was because buying bookcloth would have almost a crime, since I needed the money for milk. But, some of the books I brought with me from my poor country are still beautiful, and without a scratch.  Necessity is the mother of invention. I would say,  that often storage conditions affect the life of things more than actual deterioration.

Try steaming first, then ironing.  If the cloth is already paper backed, steam the side that is not paper. Or hang is your bathroom while taking a shower and see what happens.

 m.mooreracine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
510-436-5602