Re: [BKARTS] Onion Skin?

Oh, but they DO still make carbon paper- I use it for transferring drawings to lino. Try an office supply store.
Cheers,
Tara
On 20-Apr-09, at 9:48 PM, R John Miller wrote:

I was a Yeoman in the Navy, and we used Onion Skin copies of everything in
triplicate. The closest that I have come to it in texture and durability is
this heavier Japanese tissue paper I got from Bookmakers some years ago, not
that they make carbon paper anymore, but this stuff could stand the force of
an IMB Selectric ball pounding against it to produce a document.

I was in the Navy from 1976 to 79 and the paper we wasted back then!

And we incinerated everything that was of a classified or sensitive nature;
none of this shredding as is done today.

But onion skin was sure unforgiving when it came to errors, and corrected
errors we smudge city!

I use old Eagle-A Brand Papers boxes for storage, and some of them once held
onion skin, and oh the memories just reading the box label evokes!

John