From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joan
Michaels Paque
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:54 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Onion skin

I recollect using it in art school for tracing drawings. I currently use
it for some
tessellations, origamic and varied paper and book arts.  It is
translucent and shows different
levels of folds especially when back lit. The paper I use has a vellum
like quality.
Some teachers/artists still refer to parchment or tracing  paper as
onion skin.

JMP
www.joanmichaels.paque.com