[BKARTS] Secret Belgian Binding question

I have some instructions (books and the web) that state
the Secret Belgian Binding should have the text block sewn
and then the case is stitched through the text block sewing.
Then another set of instructions state to put the case together
and then sew on the signatures.  I feel like I need 5 more
hands to do this the first method.  I haven't tried the second
method yet.

Any input?