Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian Binding question

I just took a workshop on this binding technique this past weekend with Laurie Corral of Bookworks in North Carolina. She taught us to put the text block together first. At home I tried the other method, sewing the signatures to the case. Like Mary Jane, I find the book comes together as a tighter package if I sew the text block first. I was very happy to read about using Mylar tapes, however, as my needle kept piercing the Tyvek strips, so thank you , Mary Jane.

Marilynn