Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian Binding question

After returning to a SBB sketchbook project after a few years away from the method, I was faced with the same dilemma. I decided to sew the signatures first, and then cased it in afterwards, using ribbon to hold 'place' for the lacing cords as you sew the signatures together.

It sounds worse than it is. : ) (And I believe that's how I learned to do it from Barb Korbel though I can't find my original instructions.)

It turned out pretty well - 140 lb. Arches watercolor paper, each fold a signature, times ten signatures, on boards with rough cotton cover paper; arborvitae frond inclusions sprinkled throughout.

Kathy G