[GBW] Call for papers: Guild of Book Workers Journal

[Please excuse cross-posting]

The Guild of Book Workers Journal seeks papers and articles for issues
forthcoming in 2009 and 2010.  We welcome manuscripts in all the fields
represented by the Guild’s membership, on topics including but not limited
to:

- Bookbinding (Descriptions of techniques and how-to articles; discussions
of particular structures, both old and new)
- Conservation (treatment techniques, what does or does not work, noteworthy
programs, history)
- Artist’s Books (innovative structures, examinations of an artist’s body of
work)
- Book art techniques (paper-making, printing, calligraphy, marbling,)
- History (little-known events, figures, or movements; new findings about a
period or particular development in the history of the book and book arts)
- Profiles (interviews with book artists, practitioners, conservators,
collectors)
- Travelogues (accounts of events, communities, organizations, or
exhibitions around the country and world)

We also welcome proposals for color portfolios, presenting photographs of
selections from a collection, exhibition, or individual’s body of work.

In its new format, all articles submitted to the Journal will be
peer-reviewed.  Authors of accepted articles will be expected to conform
their articles to our style guidelines, available upon request to
journal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Authors need not be members of the Guild of Book Workers to submit an
article, though we encourage book workers in all fields to consider joining.

Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2009
Send queries and electronic submissions (.rtf, .doc or .pdf formats) to
journal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GBW: The email list for GBW member communications

GBW Standards - October 29-31, 2009
San Francisco, California
More info at http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/standards.shtml

The GBW website is supported and maintained by
Conservation OnLine http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw

To post messages, email to GBW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For problems, contact Eric Alstrom, List Manager:
gbwlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx