Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian Binding question

Made my last journal using the Secret Belgian Binding and love it. Was
inspired by instructions provided thru this listserv.

I like a tight binding, so I attached individual signatures to the sewn
cover. This was my first attempt - after completing it, I wrote a big "do
not tighten stitches until end of signature!" note to myself on the
instructions.

I did link stitches at the top and bottom of each signature only. Also
made somewhat of a fatal beginner's error by punching an odd number of
binding stations, which meant my sewing would end up on the wrong side of
the signature at the end of each row. Adjusted by adding a hole at top and
bottom as needed to execute the link stitches. The extra holes are hidden
by the spine, but next time I'll know better!

This binding is beautiful and sturdy, nice for something like a journal,
album or guest book where I want the open book to lie flat. I definitely
plan to do more of them.

Best,
Kelly
Kelly O'Brien