Re: [BKARTS] Secret Belgian Binding question

Tina,

Regarding your question below about link stitches: when I do a Secret Belgian Binding making the case first and sewing in the signatures one- by-one, I do kettle stitches in the usual manner at the end of sewing each signature (following the online instructions someone else mentioned: http://users.stargate.net/~dearsam/bookarts/)

As I mentioned before, I find it's easier to connect the signatures to the case if I keep the thread very loose while sewing in a each new signature, then tighten the thread well before doing the kettle stitch.

If you prefer Cheryl Moote's instructions with the text block made first, I've found you can minimize "wobbliness" by being very careful about the spine width. If it's too wide, the book will be more wobbly. On the other hand, if it's too narrow, the covers don't close nicely. That must be why I prefer the online method -- I just quit adding signatures when the case is full of nicely packed ones.

Have fun!

Mary Jane