Re: [BKARTS] Hedi Kyle's Blizzard Book--instructions?

 Dear Natalie -
With all due respect:  why?  Do you agree or disagree with us? Or are you
not interested in this and don't want to read another dispute on the
listserv.  If the latter is the case, you are welcome to erase any email
with the recognizable subject heading without having to read it and move
on. However if you disagree with us - please - weigh in. I would like to
hear your opinion on the subject. This subject is on topic (Hedi Kyle,
Book Structure, Book Structure instructions).

Green Chair Press received a listserv wide advert for their pdf -  for
free.  In addition, if anyone in the future googles "Blizzard Book
instructions" Tara's response will be the first one to be read and for
many people, their problem is solved, they've got their instructions.
That response nagged at me to the point where I wanted to email Marvel
(directly) and say - if you can wait until the weekend, I will email you
the instruction I've written up for my classes. For Free. But the
situation resolved itself. Since Green Chair Press received so much free
publicity on the listserv, if they wish to respond, let everyone hear the
response. With Sharon's comment I wanted to let the listserv know she
wasn't the only one thinking along these lines. I want to make it clear
that I am not on a crusade to have Green Chair Press remove their
instruction or heaven forbid - start a boycott or anything so militant -
I would just like to have a civilized, respectful, discussion about this.
How do we as book artists feel about this? And can we as a community
encourage people who are writing instructions for other people's
inventions, to give credit where credit is due? If the overwhelming
response is that Sharon and I are incorrect - I think we are both mature
human beings and can graciously say - we stand corrected.  If enough
people agree with us, perhaps the correct people with get the credit for
the invention - and the people who took the time to write up good
instructions can have their compensation without dispute.