Re: [BKARTS] Hedi Kyle's Blizzard Book--instructions?

Tara:  Nothing that you have said changes my response.  If you and Sharon
believe that some wrong has been done, whether intentional or not, then that
issue is not [sufficiently] adjudicated through the listserv.  Whether or
not other people agree with you seems entirely beside the point of your
intention, which is to get Green Chair Press to give credit to Heidi Kyle
for work that should be properly attributed to her.  If that's what you
want, and your observations and comments certainly suggest that, then just
do it. I don't see any need to drag anyone else into this.  While new to
this listserv, I suspect conversations along this vein have happened many
times before i.e. the importance of demonstrating integrity in how we work
with other people's creations and how we copyright our own work.  We could
do it again of course; there's always something to learn from each of these
go-arounds.  But the tone of your inquiry feels incredibly personalized to
me, whether or not that is your intent.  I am not interested in defending
Heidi Kyle's work over any one else's; if I or anyone else has inadvertently
not given credit for a design or technique, and should have, I think I would
prefer to have someone say that to me directly, than have it be the point of
discussion over a listserv whose members are largely unknown to each other,
and yet are members of overlapping circles.  But, that might be just me; at
any rate, to me, a direct response seems the prudent and respectful thing to
do, rather than what feels like rumor-mongering and gossip that can quickly
go awry, ruin reputations and hurt a lot of feelings.  Of course I can just
ignore the ensuing conversation, which I probably won't, only because I'm
always looking to glean some tidbit from folks who've been around longer
than me.  So, there you have it.  My opinion.

Best,

Natalie

--

Walk good and good will follow you.