Re: [BKARTS] Hedi Kyle's Blizzard Book--instructions?

I think this whole discussion about the blizzard book has raised a more
general question, especially for those of us who teach.   While I did not
invent the structure, in my early teaching experience I taught a class in how to
make a small notepad cover. I had carefully worked out all the measurements
and procedures, done a handout and taught the class. I also sold the
finished product at a local craft store. In a few weeks a student came to me, very
excited, and told e how she was very successfully selling the note pad
covers I had taught her.   At ffirst I was very upset--she was selling MY BOOK!
But then I realized I had freely taught it to her and what did I expect her
to do with that information. She was supposed to USE it and she did.
Through 25 years of teaching I have struggled with this but I hope by now come
to see that the reward for me is the teaching and that once I give out my
knowledge it is no longer exclusively mine. I still do put a copywrite on the
instructions I write and charge others to print and use that writing--which I
think is fair to everyone, But the knowledge they gain from a class I have
taught is theirs to do with whatever they want. I appreciate it when they
acknowledge me as their teacher but they are not required to do so.

Patricia Grass

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours
in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220572846x1201387511/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&
hmpgID=62&bcd=Aprilfooter427NO62)