Re: [BKARTS] FW: [BKARTS] Twittering Twits...

I'd like to point out that there are actually rather a number of us on
twitter these days.  While certainly not for everyone, twitter is quite
enjoyable for some of us.  It won't ever replace this e-mail list, at least
not for me, but it that doesn't make it invalid.  Somedays I think of it in
many ways as a short poem.  You have only 140 characters to make your point,
so each word must be meaningful.  Sometimes we succeed.  Sometimes we do
not.  Some days I think of it as the standard office chatter.  Knowing that
everyone else is working makes it easier for me to pick that bone folder or
etching needle back up and keep going when I'm tired.  We inspire each other
with interesting links, we take pictures of our projects as they progress
and share small details that would never make it to this list.  When it's
late and I'm the only one left in my labs the other letterpress printers and
book binders give me on-topic company.
If it's not the sort of thing you want to read, then by all means, don't.
 But just because you don't see the value in it, doesn't mean it isn't there
for other people. I value this list largely as a way to connect to other
book artists without a character limit to discuss in detail specific
concerns or techniques. I value twitter as a more personal, and immediate
way of connecting.

Liz