[BKARTS] Book and paper activities in Scandinavia

Hello,

I am new to the list and have never posted, but I was caught by the request for book-related activities in Scandinavia. I took the liberty of asking two artist friends of mine who are Danish what they might know. Ingrid, who makes artist books, responded with the following suggestions. The Scandinavian trip sounds wonderful! Ingrid writes -

"I don't really know what is going on in art in Copenhagen, but we ran into a bookbinder that binds books for the Queen and he might know of places for you to go to see what would be of your interest. He is located on Klosterstræde. It is a very short street in downtown Copenhagen, it is off the walking street called Strøget. Strøget starts at town square going east and Klosterstræde will be a left turn just before the church. As far as I remember he has either been or worked in USA so he speaks English very well. The Queen of Denmark is an artist herself. She paints and she has illustrated the Danish version of Watership Down.

Bert and I enjoy the Danish Design Center it is on H. C. Andersen Boulevard behind Town Hall.

Also the arts and crafts museum on Bredgade called Kunstindustrimuseet/ Museum of Decorative Art. We always visit this Museum when we are in Copenhagen."

Carol Baumann
Salem, Oregon