Re: [BKARTS] Must visit book arts places in the US?

if you find yourself near Cleveland - check this out:

http://www.morganconservatory.org/

On Apr 28, 2009, at 12:30 AM, Wood, Susan wrote:

I teach art history in an Australian university , including a subject
called Art and Books. This is essentially an art history subject, but
students do try some basic book construction techniques to make some of
the concepts more concrete. I also make books myself.

I'm currently putting together a proposal for a sabbatical based around
book arts for the second half of 2010 (Aussie Spring/US fall). I'm
hoping to be able to attend a Fall intensive program at Penland and
would like to make a few stops en route. The main aim is to focus on my
own practice, but I'd also like to see what is happening in book arts
education, especially in programs that combine the history and practice
in some fashion. The Center for the Book at the University of Iowa seems
like it would be a great place to visit as is on my list. However, if
anyone has thoughts about other must-see places, I'd love to hear from
you.

Best wishes,

Sue Wood