Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 28 Apr 2009 to 29 Apr 2009 (#2009-120)

As to how the question, "Is it a book", might apply to twitter, just google the phrase, 140 character novel, and you will find many references.

From the concept of tweeting a novel in serial posts, 140 characters at a time, "Twitter Novels: Not Big Success Stories Yet", found here

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/twitter_novels_not_big_success_stories.php

To the idea of tweeting a sort of flash fiction work in one post of 140 characters, a concept some have referred to also as Twaiku.

See, "TwitterNovel: Writing things (in 140 characters or less)"

http://graewood.blogspot.com/2009/03/twitternovel-writing-things-in-140.html

Given the potential for creativity on twitter, I'd have to say that at some level, it definitely is, or can be a book.

Joycelyn Merchant
www.bookclasp.com/blog